1. Disclaimer for people looking at the events calendar
The City publishes events based on submissions from event organizers and cannot guarantee the accuracy and currency of the information provided. If an entry includes a link to a website The City does not own nor control, The City does not review the content or operation of that website and, therefore, cannot guarantee the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness nor security of the link, website or content linked thereto. The City urges you to exercise caution when accessing any unfamiliar website.
2. Guidelines and disclaimer for people submitting events
Red Deer Community Events Calendar Guidelines
The Red Deer Community Events Calendar (the “Calendar”) is sponsored by The City of Red Deer (“The City”) and allows The City and the community to post events in a common location to be viewed by the public.
Do you have a comment, question or need help with your event submission? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-342-8147.
The Calendar is open to the general public as a common place to post public events. Submission of events by members of the public constitutes participation in a limited public forum.
Events posted on the Calendar should be located within Red Deer city limits. Exceptions to this may be allowed at the discretion of The City. All events must be legal.
Events must be held in a physical location that can be accessed by the public. For example, online contests or recruitment events will not be accepted.
Events must not promote the hatred or disrespect of any group and must not discriminate on any grounds covered by the Alberta Human Rights Act. In the event that The City becomes aware of any violation of these principles, the posting will immediately be removed from the Calendar without notice.
The Calendar is provided as a public service. The City reserves the right to edit/exclude listings that do not meet the criteria outlined above.
All event postings will be reviewed and once approved, available to the public.
The City reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed to be in violation of these Guidelines or any applicable law.
Anonymous posting of events are not allowed. All public event submitters must be clearly identified by their event submissions.
All event postings must be accompanied by valid event submitter contact information including a name, email address and phone number. This information is not publically shared and is collected with the purpose of contacting the submitter about their event.
The City publishes events based on submissions from event organizers and cannot guarantee the accuracy and currency of the information provided. If an entry includes a link to a website The City does not own nor control, The City does not review the content or operation of that website and, therefore, cannot guarantee the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness nor security of the link, website or content linked thereto. The City urges you to exercise caution when accessing any unfamiliar website. The City will not be liable for the damages arising from third party interception of confidential information over the internet.
2. Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The City of Red Deer is collecting personal information for the purpose of contacting the submitter of the event. The personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Government Act Section 3 and is protected under the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. If you have any questions about the collection, use and protection of this information, please contact the Director of Communications & Strategic Planning, 4914 – 48 Avenue, Red Deer, Alberta or phone 403-342-8147.
3. Copyright Representation and Indemnity
I agree that by submitting the application for registration of an event on the Calendar, I am giving the City permission to reproduce, for the purpose of the Calendar, any text and/or photographs I have submitted as part of the application. I represent and warrant that I have the authority to give this permission and that giving this permission does not infringe any other person’s rights in the text and/or the photographs. I agree to indemnify, defend and hold the City and its officials, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable lawyer's fees, any of them suffers as a result of a breach of such representation or warranty.
4. Other terms
To use the Calendar, you also agree to the following terms:
- You will not change any information or material found on the Calendar including any information posted by other users;
- You will not violate (or try to violate) the security of the Calendar by hacking, cracking, mail bombing, mounting a denial of service attack, breaching of netiquette, or any other similar malicious, careless or negligent acts;
- You will not impersonate any other person or entity or make any misrepresentations;
- You will not upload any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, vulgar, obscene, libellous or otherwise objectionable and that may invade another's right of privacy;
- You agree that The City is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you may experience as a result of using the Calendar including, but not limited to, situations caused by viruses or other technical problems;
- You agree to be bound by Alberta laws in your use of the Calendar and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of the Calendar will take place in Alberta; and
- You agree that even if The City does not insist on or enforce an item in the Terms, The City still has the right to insist on and enforce that item.